Menu

Theme Mode

Basket (0) Sign In Join

Supplication and Remembrance

Calling upon Allah, remembering Him, praising Him and sending blessings on His Messenger.

118 hadith, page 5 of 6

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1473

Sahih

'Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to me, "Recite: 'Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni (O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path)." Another narration is: 'Allahumma inni as'aluk-alhuda was-sadad (I beg You for guidance and uprightness)."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1474

Sahih

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-ajzi wal- kasali, wal-jubni wal-harami, wal-bukhli, wa a'udhu bika min 'adhabil- qabri, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-mahya wal-mamat .

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1475

Sahih

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I requested the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) to teach me a supplication which I could recite in my Salat (prayer). Thereupon he said, "Recite: 'Allahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman kathiran, wa la yaghfirudh- dhunuba illa Anta, faghfir li maghfiratan min 'indika, warhamni, innaka Antal-Ghafur-ur-Rahim (O Allah! I have considerably wronged myself. There is none to forgive the sins but You. So grant me pardon and have mercy on me. You are the Most Forgiving, the Most Compassionate)."'

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1476

Sahih

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumm-aghfir li khati'ati, wajahli, wa israfi fi amri, wa ma Anta a'lamu bihi minni. Allahumm-aghfir li jiddi wa hazli, wa khata'i wa 'amdi, wa kullu dhalika 'indi. Allahumm-aghfir li ma qaddamtu wa ma akhkhartu, wa ma asrartu, wa ma a'lantu, wa ma Anta a'lamu bihi minni. Antal-Muqaddimu, wa Antal-Mu'akhkhiru; wa Anta 'ala kulli shai'in Qadir (O Allah! Forgive my errors, ignorance and immoderation in my affairs. You are better aware of my faults than myself. O Allah! Forgive my faults which I committed in seriousness or in fun deliberately or inadvertently. O Allah! Grant me pardon for those sins which I committed in the past and I may commit in future, which I committed in privacy or in public and all those sins of which You are better aware than me. You Alone can send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone can send whomever You will to Hell-fire and You are Omnipotent)."

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1477

Sahih

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate (in these words): "Allahumma inni audhu bika min sharri ma 'amiltu, wa min sharri ma lam a'mal (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the evil of that which I have done and the evil of that which I have not done)."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1478

Sahih

'Abdullah bin 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate thus: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min zawali ni'matika, wa tahawwuli 'afiyatika, wa fuja'ati niqmatika, wa jami'i sakhatika (O Allah! I seek refuge in You against the declining of Your Favours, passing of safety, the suddenness of Your punishment and all that which displeases You)."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1479

Sahih

Zaid bin Arqam (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) would supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-'ajzi wal-kasali, wal-bukhli wal-harami, wa 'adhabil-qabri. Allahumma ati nafsi taqwaha, wa zakkiha Anta khairu man zakkaha, Anta waliyyuha wa maulaha. Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfau', wa min qalbin la yakhsha'u, wa min nafsin la tashba'u, wa min da'watin la yustajabu laha'

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1480

Sahih

Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma laka aslamtu, wa bika amantu, wa 'alaika tawakkaltu, wa ilaika anabtu, wa bika khasamtu, wa ilaika hakamtu. Faghfir li ma qaddamtu, wa ma akh-khartu, wa ma asrartu wa ma a'lantu, Antal-Muqaddimu, wa Antal-Mu'akhkhiru, la ilaha illa Anta (O Allah! to You I submit, in You I affirm my faith, in You I repose my trust, to You I turn in repentance and with Your Help I contend my adversaries and from You I seek judgement. O Allah! Grant me forgiveness for the faults which I made in past and those ones I may commit in the future, those which I committed secretly or openly. You Alone send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone send whomever You will to Hell-fire. There is none worthy of worship except You)." Another narration adds: "La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is no strength to resist evil and no power to do good except through Allah)."

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1481

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min fitnatin-nari, wa 'adhabin-nari, wa min sharril-ghina wal-faqri (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the trials and the torment of the Fire and from the evils of wealth and poverty)."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1482

Ziyad bin 'Ilaqah reported: My uncle Qutbah bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min munkaratil-akhlaqi, wal-a'mali, wal- ahwa'i (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from undesirable manners, deeds, and aspirations)."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1483

Shakal bin Humaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of Allah, teach me a prayer." He (ﷺ) said, "Say: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min sharri sam'i, wa min sharri basari, wa min sharri lisani, wa min sharri qalbi, wa min sharri maniyyi (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the evils of my hearing, the evils of my seeing, the evils of my tongue; the evils of my heart and the evils of passions)."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1484

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-barasi, wal- jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi'il-asqami' (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases)."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1485

Sahih

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal- ju'i, fa-innahu bi'sad-daji'u; wa a'udhu bika minal-khiyanati, fa- innaha bi'satil-bitanah'

Related by Abu Dawud with a sahih chain (رواه أبو داود بإسناد صحيح) Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1486

Hasan

'Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A slave who had made a contract with his master to pay for his freedom, came to me and said: "I am unable to fulfill my obligation, so help me." He said to him: "Shall I not teach you a supplication which the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) taught me? It will surely prove so effective that if you have a debt as large as a huge mountain, Allah will surely pay it for you. Say: 'Allahumm-akfini bihalalika 'an haramika, wa aghnini bifadlika 'amman siwaka (O Allah! Grant me enough of what You make lawful so that I may dispense with what You make unlawful, and enable me by Your Grace to dispense with all but You)."

Related by at-Tirmidhi, who said: a hasan hadith (رواه الترمذي وقال: ح… Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1487

Hasan

'Imran bin Husain (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) taught my father two statements to recite in his Du'a. These are: "Allahumma al-himni rushdi, wa a'idhni min sharri nafsi (O Allah! Inspire in me guidance and deliver me from the evils within myself)."

Related by at-Tirmidhi, who said: a hasan hadith (رواه الترمذي وقال: ح… Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1488

Hasan Sahih

Abul-Fadl Al-`Abbas bin `Abdul-Muttalib (ra) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) to teach me a supplication. He (ﷺ) said, "Beg Allah for safety (from all evils in this world and in the Hereafter)." I waited for some days and then I went to him again and asked him: "O Messenger of Allah Teach me to supplicate something from Allah." He said to me, "O Al-`Abbas, the uncle of Messenger of Allah! Beseech Allah to give you safety (Al-`afiyah ) in this life and in the Hereafter."

Related by at-Tirmidhi, who said: a hasan sahih hadith (رواه الترمذي و… Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1489

Hasan

Shahr bin Haushab reported: I asked Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her), "O Mother of the Believers! Which supplication did the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) make frequently when he was in your house?" She said: "He (ﷺ) supplicated frequently: 'Ya muqallibal-qulubi, thabbit qalbi 'ala dinika (O Controller of the hearts make my heart steadfast in Your religion)."

Related by at-Tirmidhi, , who said: a hasan hadith (رواه الترمذي، وقال… Supplication and Remembrance Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1490

Abud-Darda' (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "One of Prophet Dawud's supplications was: 'Allahumma inni as'aluka hubbaka, wa hubba man yuhibbuka, wal-'amalalladhi yuballighuni hubbaka. Allahumm-aj'al hubbaka ahabba ilayya min nafsi, wa ahli, wa minal-ma'il-baridi (O Allah! I ask You for Your Love, the love of those who love You, and deeds which will cause me to attain Your Love. O Allah! Make Your Love dearer to me than myself, my family and the cold water)."'

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1491

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Recite frequently: 'Ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram! (O You, Possessor of glory and honour)."'

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Du'a (Supplications)

Hadith 1492

Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) made many supplications which we did not memorize. We said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! You have made many supplications of which we do not remember anything." He said, "Shall I tell you a comprehensive prayer? Say: 'Allahumma inni as'aluka min khairi ma sa'alaka minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Wa 'a'udhu bika min sharri mas-ta'adha minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Wa Antal-Musta'anu, wa 'alaikal-balaghu, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (O Allah, I beg to You the good which Your Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) begged of You; and I seek refuge in You from the evil where from Your Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) sought refuge. You are the One from Whom help is sought and Your is the responsibility to communicate (the truth). There is no power or strength except with Allah the Exalted, the Great."'