Menu

Theme Mode

Basket (0) Sign In Join

Worship and the Pillars

Prayer, fasting, charity, remembrance and the deeds that draw a servant near to Allah.

540 hadith, page 2 of 27

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1001

Hasan Sahih

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The one who was devoted to the Qur'an will be told on the Day of Resurrection: 'Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in the world. Your rank will be at the last Ayah you recite."'

Related by Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi, who said: a hasan sahih hadith (… Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1002

Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Read the Qur'an regularly. By the One in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, it escapes from memory faster than a camel does from its tying ropes."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1003

Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "The parable of one who knows the Qur'an by heart is as the parable of an owner of hobbled camel. If he remains vigilant, he will retain it; and if he neglects it, it will go away."

Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1004

Sahih

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Allah does not listen so attentively to anything as He listens to the recitation of the Qur'an by a Prophet who recites well with a melodious and audible voice."

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1005

Sahih

Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to him, "You have been given a Mizmar (sweet melodious voice) out of the Mazamir of Prophet Dawud (David).". And in a version narrated by Muslim "If you would have seen me, as I was listening to your recitation last night."

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1006

Sahih

Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) reciting Surat Wat-Teen Waz-Zaitun (Chapter 95) during the 'Isha' prayer. I have never heard anyone reciting it in a more beautiful voice than his..

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1007

Abu Lubabah Bashir bin 'Abdul-Mundhir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who does not recite the Qur'an in a pleasant tone is not of us."

Related by Abu Dawud with a good chain (رواه أبو داود بإسناد جيد) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1008

Sahih

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said to me, "Recite the Qur'an to me." I said: "O Messenger of Allah! Shall I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?" He (ﷺ) said, "I like to hear it from others." Then I began to recite Surat An-Nisa'. When I reached the Ayah: 'How will it be when We shall bring a witness from every people and bring you as a witness against them?' (Having heard it) he said, "Enough! Enough!" When I looked at him, I found his eyes were overflowing with tears..

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1009

Sahih

Abu Sa'id Ar-Rafi' bin Al-Mu'alla (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?" Then he (ﷺ), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (ﷺ) said, "It is 'Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil 'Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab' Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft- repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me."

Related by al-Bukhari (رواه البخاري) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1010

Sahih

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported about Surat Al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112): The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an."According to another version, he (ﷺ) said to his Companions, "Is anyone of you incapable of reciting one-third of the Qur'an in one night?" They considered it burdensome and said: "O Messenger of Allah, which of us can afford to do that?" He (ﷺ) said, "Surat Al-Ikhlas .

Related by al-Bukhari (رواه البخاري) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1011

Sahih

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man heard another reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas repeatedly. The next morning he came to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and informed him about it as if he considered it to be of little reward. On that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, this Surah is equal to one-third of the Qur'an."

Related by al-Bukhari (رواه البخاري) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1012

Sahih

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Surat Ikhlas is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1013

Hasan

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love Surat-Al-Ikhlas .

رواه الترمذي وقال: حديث حسن- رواه البخاري في صحيحه تعليقا Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1014

Sahih

'Uqbah bin 'Amir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Do you not know that last night certain Ayat were revealed the like of which there is no precedence. They are: 'Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Rubb of the daybreak' (Surah 113), and 'Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Rubb of mankind' (Surah 114)."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1015

Hasan

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to seek protection against the evil of jinn and the evil eyes till Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah's protection and left everything besides them..

رواه الترمذي وقال :حديث حسن Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1016

Hasan

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "There is a Surah in the Qur'an which contains thirty Ayat which kept interceding for a man until his sins are forgiven. This Surah is 'Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion.' (Surat Al-Mulk 67)."

رواه أبو داود والترمذي وقال :" حديث حسن ، وفي رواية أبي داود: "تشفع " Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1017

Sahih

Abu Mas'ud Al-Badri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "He who recites the two Ayat at the end of Surat Al-Baqarah at night, they will suffice him."

Agreed upon (al-Bukhari and Muslim) (متفق عليه) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1018

Sahih

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying: "Do not turn your houses into graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Surat Al-Baqarah is recited."

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1019

Sahih

Ubayy bin Ka'b (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest?" I replied: "It is 'Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayum (Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living...)'." (2:256) Thereupon he (ﷺ) patted me in the chest and said, "Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abu Mundhir!"

Related by Muslim (رواه مسلم) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn
Riyad us-Saliheen · The Book of Virtues

Hadith 1020

Sahih

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) put me in charge of charity of Ramadan (Sadaqat-ul- Fitr). Somebody came to me and began to take away some food-stuff. I caught him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)." He said, "I am a needy man with a large family, and so I have a pressing need." I let him go. When I saw the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) next morning, he asked me, "O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?" I said, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing need and a big family. I felt pity for him so I let him go." He (ﷺ) said, "He told you a lie and he will return." I was sure, according to the saying of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) that he would return. I waited for him. He sneaked up again and began to steal food-stuff from the Sadaqah. I caught him and said; "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)." He said, "Let go of me, I am a needy man. I have to bear the expenses of a big family. I will not come back." So I took pity on him and let him go. I went at dawn to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) who asked me, "O Abu Hurairah! What did your captive do last night?" I replied, "O Messenger of Allah! He complained of a pressing want and the burden of a big family. I took pity on him and so I let him go." He (ﷺ) said, "He told you a lie and he will return." (That man) came again to steal the food-stuff. I arrested him and said, "I must take you to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), and this is the last of three times. You promised that you would not come again but you did." He said, "Let go of me, I shall teach you some words with which Allah may benefit you." I asked, "What are those words?" He replied, "When you go to bed, recite Ayat-ul- Kursi (2:255) for there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah, and Satan will not be able to approach you till morning." So I let him go. Next morning the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) asked me, "What did your prisoner do last night." I answered, "He promised to teach me some words which he claimed will benefit me before Allah. So I let him go." The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) asked, "What are those words that he taught you?" I said, "He told me: 'When you go to bed, recite Ayat- ul-Kursi from the beginning to the end i.e.,.

Related by al-Bukhari (رواه البخاري) Worship and the Pillars Read and learn