Menu

Theme Mode

Basket (0) Sign In Join

Results for “Paradise”

Prayer, fasting, charity, remembrance and the deeds that draw a servant near to Allah.

Forty Hadith an-Nawawi

The deeds that lead to Paradise

Sahih

On the authority of Abu Abdullah Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansaree (may Allah be pleased with him) that: A man questioned the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said, “Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadhan, treat as lawful that which is halal, and treat as forbidden that which is haram, and do not increase upon that [in voluntary good deeds], then I shall enter Paradise?” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) replied, “Yes.”

Forty Hadith an-Nawawi

The path to Paradise

Hasan Sahih

On the authority of Muadh bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, tell me of an act which will take me into Paradise and will keep me away from the Hellfire.” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “You have asked me about a great matter, yet it is easy for him for whom Allah makes it easy: worship Allah, without associating any partners with Him; establish the prayer; pay the zakat; fast in Ramadhan; and make the pilgrimage to the House.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not guide you towards the means of goodness? Fasting is a shield; charity wipes away sin as water extinguishes fire; and the praying of a man in the depths of the night.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) recited: “[Those] who forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (charity in Allah’s cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.” [as-Sajdah, 16-17] Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not inform you of the head of the matter, its pillar and its peak?” I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The head of the matter is Islam, its pillar is the prayer and its peak is jihad.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not tell you of the foundation of all of that?” I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” So he took hold of his tongue and said, “Restrain this.” I said, “O Prophet (ﷺ) of Allah, will we be taken to account for what we say with it?” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “May your mother be bereaved of you, O Muadh! Is there anything that throws people into the Hellfire upon their faces — or: on their noses — except the harvests of their tongues?”

It was related by at-Tirmidhi, who said it was a good and sound hadeet… Worship and the Pillars Guarding the Tongue Paradise and the Hereafter Read and learn
Mishkat al-Masabih · Purification

Hadith 271

Sahih

‘Uqba b. 'Amir reported God’s messenger as saying, “If any Muslim performs ablution well, then stands and prays two rak'as, setting about their performance both inwardly and outwardly, he will be guaranteed paradise.” Muslim transmitted it.

Mishkat al-Masabih · Purification

Hadith 272

‘Umar b. al-Khattab reported, God's messenger as saying, “If anyone performs the ablution completely*, then says, ‘I testify that there in no god but God and that Muhammad is His servant and messenger’ (a version giving, ‘I testify that there is no god but God alone who has no partner, and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger’), the eight gates of paradise will be opened for him and he may enter by whichever of them he wishes." *The text has alternative words here, fa-yublighu au fa-yusbighu. Thus Muslim transmitted it in his Sahih, and al-Humaidi among the traditions given by Muslim but not by Bukhari, as also did Ibn al-Athir in Jami' al-usul. The Shaikh Muhyi ad-Din an-Nawawi mentioned it at the end of Muslim’s traditions as we have transmitted it. Tirmidhi added, “O God, put me among the penitent, and put me among those who are purified." The tradition, “He who performs ablution and does it well" which Muhyi as-Sunna transmitted among the sound ones is transmitted identically by Tirmidhi in his Jami' except for “I testify" before the words "that Muhammad."

Mishkat al-Masabih · Purification

Hadith 277

Jabir reported God’s messenger as saying, “The key of paradise is prayer, and the key of prayer is being purified." Ahmad transmitted it.

Mishkat al-Masabih · Purification

Hadith 387

‘Abdallah b. al-Mughaffal on hearing his son say, “O God, I ask Thee for the white palace on the right of paradise,” said, “Sonny, ask God for paradise and seek refuge in Him from hell, for I heard God’s Messenger say, ‘There will be some among this people who will go over the score in ablution and supplication.” Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah transmitted it.

Transmitted by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah Worship and the Pillars Read and learn