Hadith 904
Sa'd bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) visited me during my illness and supplicated, "O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O' Allah! Cure Sa'd."
The rights of Muslims over one another: love, advice, help and enjoining good.
112 hadith, page 4 of 6
Sa'd bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) visited me during my illness and supplicated, "O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O' Allah! Cure Sa'd."
Abu 'Abdullah bin Abul-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I complained to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) about a pain I had in my body. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Place your hand where you feel pain and say: 'Bismillah (With the Name of Allah)' three times; and then repeat seven times: 'A'udhu bi'izzatillahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa 'uhadhiru (I seek refuge with Allah and with His Power from the evil that afflicts me and that which I apprehend)."'
Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who visits a sick person who is not on the point of death and supplicates seven times: As'alullahal-'Azima Rabbal-'Arshil-'Azimi, an yashfiyaka (I beseech Allah the Great, the Rubb of the Great Throne, to heal you), Allah will certainly heal him from that sickness."
Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) visited a bedouin who was sick. Whenever he visited an ailing person, he would say, "La ba'sa, tahurun in sha' Allah .
Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Jibril (Gabriel) came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: "O Muhammad (ﷺ)! Do you feel sick?" He (ﷺ) said, "Yes." Jibril supplicated thus (i.e., he performed Ruqyah): "Bismillahi arqika, min kulli shay'in yu'dhika, min sharri kulli nafsin aw 'ayni hasidi, Allahu yashfika, bismillahi arqika. .
Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If a person says: 'La ilaha illallahu wallahu Akbar (There is no true god except Allah and Allah is Greatest)', his Rubb responds to him and affirms: '(Yes!) There is no true god except I, and I am the Greatest.' When he says: 'La ilaha illallahu Wahdahu la sharika Lahu (There is no true god except Allah, the One, He has no partner).' Allah (SWT) affirms: '(Yes!) There is no true god except I. I have no partner.' When he says: 'La ilaha illallahu Lahul mulku wa Lahul-hamdu (the sovereignty belongs to Him and all the praise is due to Him).' He (SWT) affirms: '(Yes!) There is no true god except I, Mine is the praise and to Me belongs the sovereignty.' When he says: 'La ilaha illallahu wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah (There is no true god except Allah, and there is no might and power but with Allah).' He (SWT) affirms: '(Yes!) There is no true god except I, and there is no might and power but with Me."' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) added, "He who recites this during his illness and dies, will not be touched by the Fire (Hell)."
Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: When `Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) came out after visiting the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) during his last illness, the people asked: "How is Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), O Abul-Hasan?'' He replied: "Praise be to Allah, he (ﷺ) is feeling better.''
`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: While the Prophet (ﷺ) was reclining against me (during his last illness) I heard him saying: "Allahumma-ghfir li, warhamni, wa alhiqni bir Rafiqil-A`la (O Allah, forgive me, bestow Your Mercy on me and let me join with the exalted companions.''
'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) when he was at the point of death. He had a drinking bowl with water in it. He would dip his hand into the bowl, and wipe his face. Then he would supplicate, "O Allah! Help me over pangs and agony of death."
`Imran bin Husain (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A woman belonging to the Juhainah tribe came to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) after having conceived from Zina. She submitted: "O Messenger of Allah! I am liable to Hadd (punishment ordained by Allah), so execute it.'' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) called her guardian and said, "Treat her well and bring her to me after delivery.'' He acted accordingly. Then the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) commanded to tie her clothes firmly around her and then stoned her to death. He (ﷺ) then offered funeral prayer for her.
Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I visited the Prophet ({ﷺ) while he was suffering. I said: "(O Messenger of Allah!) You suffer too much.'' He said, "Yes, I suffer as much as two men of you.''
Sa'd bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came to visit me when I had a severe pain. I said: "I am suffering from such trouble as you are observing. I am a wealthy man and the only heir of mine is my daughter." (Then Sa'd narrated the whole incident)..
Al-Qasim bin Muhammad reported 'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: "Oh, my head." (It was hurting due to pain.) Thereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Rather it is I who says: 'Oh, my headache."' (Then Al-Qasim narrated the complete narration)..
Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "He whose last words are: `La ilaha illallah' (There is no true god except Allah) will enter Jannah.''
Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Exhort your dying men to recite: 'La ilaha illallah' (There is no true god except Allah)."
Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) visited Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) when his eyes were open soon after he died. He closed them (the eyes) for him and said, "When the soul is taken away, the sight follows it." Some members of his family began to weep. He (ﷺ) said: "Do not supplicate for yourselves anything but good, for the angels say 'amin' to what you say." Then he said, "O Allah! Forgive Abu Salamah, raise his rank among those who are rightly-guided and grant him a successor from his descendants who remain behind. Grant him pardon and us, too. O Rubb of the worlds. Make his grave spacious for him and give him light in it."
Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her): The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When you visit a sick or a dying person, you should utter good words because the angels say `Amin' at what you say.'' She added: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, Abu Salamah has died." He (ﷺ) directed me to supplicate thus: "Allahummaghfir li wa lahu, wa a`qibni minhu `uqba hasanatan ." So I supplicated as he directed, and Allah gave me a man who was better for me than Abu Salamah (i.e., the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)). (The Prophet (ﷺ) married Umm Salamah afterwards.)
Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: 'Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute." Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ))..
Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When a man's child dies, Allah, the Exalted, asks His angels, 'Have you taken out the life of the child of My slave?' and they reply in the affirmative. He (SWT) then asks, 'Have you taken the fruit of his heart?' and they reply in the affirmative. Thereupon He asks, 'What did my slave say?' They say: 'He praised You and said: Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return).' Allah says: 'Build a house for my slave in Jannah and name it Baitul-Hamd (the House of Praise)."'
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Allah, the Exalted, says: 'I have no reward except Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who shows patience and anticipates My reward when I take away his favourite one from the inhabitants of the world."'
About this text. Arabic and English text from the hadith-json project (github.com/AhmedBaset/hadith-json), which collected it from sunnah.com. The project states no licence and the English is a modern translation; it is published here on the site owner's decision. Hadith are numbered in the book's own order.