Hadith 1268
Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to observe I`tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan.
Prayer, fasting, charity, remembrance and the deeds that draw a servant near to Allah.
3 hadith
Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to observe I`tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan.
'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to engage himself in I'tikaf (seclusion for prayers) in the mosque during the last ten nights of Ramadan till he passed away; thereafter, his wives followed this practice after him..
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to observe I'tikaf every year (during Ramadan) for ten days; in the year in which he passed away, he observed I'tikaf for twenty days..
About this text. Arabic and English text from the hadith-json project (github.com/AhmedBaset/hadith-json), which collected it from sunnah.com. The project states no licence and the English is a modern translation; it is published here on the site owner's decision. Hadith are numbered in the book's own order.